Wednesday 20 August 2014

Features of a Non-fiction Text

NON-FICTION TEXT!!!

I am learning about the features of a Non-fiction text.  

What is a contents page?

A content page is the beginning of the book and it tells you what's in the book.  

What's an index?

An index helps when you want to know about something but it doesn't say where it is in the content page.  

What's a glossary?

A glossary tells you what words mean that are highlighted dark in the book.  

What's a diagram?

A diagram is a picture with labels that tell you what the thing they are pointing at are.

Why are there more photographs than pictures?

there are more photographs than pictures because some drawings might not have some special details.

Why are there maps?

A map shows where what ever it is the book is about is.

My Reflection

I was learning to find important information from a non-fiction text.  I found it difficult to try not to copy and do it in my own words.  I am proud that I know more and I understand non-fiction texts.  Next time I am going to use this skill for a different book.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done, Kieran. You managed to find the features of your non-fiction book. Now you can use this knowledge when reading other non-fiction texts.